PROJECT _ Revenue Management // WHERE _ Paris, France, AccorHotels, // WHEN - 2009 to 2011 // ROLE - Revenue Manager // KEYWORDS - strategic planning, forecast, predictive analytics
How to create an alternative offer for a business hotel in an economic downturn? How to forecast activity in an uncertain environment and provide a viable roadmap for operations?
- Stimulate demand through diversification, redefine the pricing structure and ensure customer loyalty.
- Maintain a strong RM culture.
- Communicate occupancy forecasts to operations and benefit from AccorHotels revenue management and distribution support teams.
- Map the hotel ecosystem to understand dynamics and resources.
- Prioritize leverage points in the short and long term.
- Historical data analysis, forecast and budgeting.
Creation of an additional room category "Paris view". We realized that starting from a given floor, rooms had a stunning view over Paris. Additional inventory lever and pricing, up-selling tool for reservations, front office and sales. Guests enjoyed having the option of an easy upgrade.
Creation of packages for the individual leisure segment with a special focus on families, in line with Novotel's unique family policy. Increase the proportion of individual leisure customers and improve weekends's occupancy rate. Increase pricing flexibility, stay competitive and reinforce the hotel’s positioning on the market place.
+14% REVPAR between 2009 and 2011.